Every woman wants the best for her life. She is not satisfied with average.
In fact, I know you’re not satisfied with average either.
Almost everyone who reads Empowering Women Now and writes to me talks about what they dream of or aspire to – whether they are on their way or not, I know you feel it and want it. And that’s good – because in this new world, you’ve got to make your own future.
I’m an optimist – I believe in you. I know your life will lead to great things. Maybe it already has – or maybe it’s just around the corner.
If you need a push: I will help you get there. Seriously email me firstname.lastname@example.org. I got your back.
I’m not the type of person who can sit on a couch and do nothing my whole life.
I love to make things happen.
And if there is one thing I obsess about…it is this: time
Time is the most valuable asset you have in your life. And yet people waste it, people let it slip away – and then they regret and wonder “where did the time go.”
Every day of my life, I think about my time and how to best use it.
And that’s what I want to share with you.
These are the things that I get the highest ROI of my time.
- Exercise – you hear it all the time, health is #1. It’s just true. Without good health you can’t do anything. It’s very hard to provide value to others when you’re ill. Take care of your health. Don’t be cheap about it either. I hear it all the time… gym memberships are expensive. Yet, these same people have a cable bills and phone bills of over 200$ each. I love to save money but exercise is something I splurge on. I recently signed up for Orange Theory. It’s $150 per month but each week I’ve lost 3-5 pounds. I’m in the best shape of my life. Lesson here; you get what you pay for. (this is not sponsored, just loving Orange Theory)
- Friends that support you on your mission – spend your time with people who bring you life not those that drain you from it. Let those you love energize you, inspire you, excite you. It can be hard to find women who you really click with in this world. When you find those people, treasure them.
- Cutting out people that don’t support you on your mission – this is even more worthwhile than number 2. Toxic people will stop you doing what you want to do. Well-meaning people will stop you from doing what you want to do. Determine who doesn’t aid you on your mission and give them the axe. Stop spending time with them. Just listen to the great wisdom of Oprah:
- Traveling – you get an ROI on your time like nothing else when traveling. Have you ever gone on a week holiday and when you came back everyone said, “Oh your back, that was quick.” Meanwhile, you feel it’s been a while. You’ve done so much, made the most of everyday, seen places and done things… and they just had a normal week.
- Writing – you do it once and it lives forever. After you write, what you wrote sits there. Your idea, from your brain to the paper. And, it’s instantly duplicate. The fact that your reading this blog that was once scribbles in notebook is amazing to me. Hopefully you’ve already been given some insight and feel inspired. Now imagine if you go out there and write down something that can inspires another woman and that woman does the same…. Simply amazing.
- Learning from masters – the fastest way to get where you want to go, and achieve what you want, is to find somebody who’s already done it. Learn from them, don’t make the same mistakes they did. Save your time by using their experience and win faster. Don’t have people to learn from? Go to networking events outside the corporate hours. The best time to go to networking events is when you’re is simply wanting to meet new people. Success naturally follows those with a wider network of contacts. Don’t know where to start? Join Empowering Women Now and meet all the amazing empowered women in our network.
- Planning the day – if you don’t have a plan for your day, you’ll become a part of someone else’s. Protect your time each day, only do the things that you want to do. Every morning I write down my top 5 goals and scratch them out when I complete it. Looking back I can literally see the steps I took to get to where I am today.
- Drinking water – yes, sipping water all day makes you piss like a racehorse. But, the moment you realize you’re thirsty.. it’s already too late. You’re dehydrated and have been operating at a sub-par level.
- Utilizing chore time – you’re cleaning the house, doing laundry, working on the backyard. Sure, it’s important to stop and rest, but a lot of this time could be put to better use with the magic of podcasts. I don’t know about you but I HATE laundry with a passion. Putting on my favorite podcast makes me forget what I’m actually doing.
- Writing it down – we have terrible memories. If you have an idea, write it down. If you feel frustrated, write it down. Get the thoughts out of your head and onto paper. It’s the cheapest, most effective stress relief you will find.
Do you have any other tips you would like to share? Comment down below and let the empowerment continue.
Need a little more inspiration? Check out Mel Robbins awesome 5 second rule.