What Your Taste In Music Says About Your Personality
Research conducted by psychologists suggests that knowing the type of music one listens to, can actually predict their personality. Here is a list.
- Rock/heavy metal: Despite the sometimes aggressive image that rock music and heavy metal project, researchers found that fans of this style of music are usually quite gentle. They tend to be creative, but are often introverted and may suffer from low self-esteem.
- Pop: Pop music lovers are hard-working and have high self-esteem, researchers suggests that they tend to be less creative and more uneasy.
- Rap and Hip/hop: Rap lovers are more aggressive or violent; researchers have actually found no such link. Rap fans do tend to have high self-esteem and are usually outgoing.
- Country: Country music fans are typically hardworking, conventional and outgoing. While country songs are often on heartbreak, people who gravitate towards this genre tend to be very emotionally stable.
- Indie: Fans of the indie genre are typically introverted, intellectual and creative. According to researchers, they also tend to be less hard-working and less gentle. Passivity, anxiousness and low self-esteem are other common personality characteristics.
- Dance: People who prefer dance music are usually outgoing and assertive.
- Jazz, blues and soul: People who enjoy jazz, blues or soul music were found to be more extroverted with high self-esteem. They also tend to be very creative, intelligent and at ease.
- Classical: Classical music lovers are typically more introverted, but are also at ease with themselves and the world around them. They are creative and have a good sense of self-esteem.
Are the psychologists right? Comment down below.