Class is a mysterious essence that comes in many forms, depending on the woman. It largely comes from a woman’s sense of herself – from confidence without brashness, from courtesy, from kindness, and often includes a distinct sense of style – though that style can be unique and unconventional.
A lady displays self-respect,class, appreciation, and etiquette. She does not allow her mood to affect her manners. Being a classy lady doesn’t mean that you should be snobby or stuck up, but that you should have dignity, consideration, and moderation in your daily actions.
Here are the 23 characteristics of a classy lady:
1.A classy woman is not mean to other women
I can’t stress this enough. A classy woman is not a mean girl. She ignores women who are spiteful to her, and goes about her life on her own terms.
2. A classy woman refrains from using vulgar language. She understands that the language you use represents your mind and heart.
3. She dresses tastefully. The key here is to dress with dignity. It does not have to cost much, its more important to find clothes that actually fit you right, that are wrinkle-free, and that cover your bits.
4. A classy woman is well read and intelligent.
5. A classy women calls 9 a.m and before 9 p.m.
6. A classy lady doesn’t only introduce herself with a “hello” she also adds “It’s a pleasure to meet you”. A classy lady speaks with confidence and talks clearly enough for others to understand her. Avoid saying “hi,” or “um” because that will make you look unrefined.
7. She is mindful of peoples time and is punctual.
8. She says “No, thank you” or “Yes, please”, she does not respond with a “yea, yup, nope, or nah”.
9. She only gives compliments when she sincerely means it. Insecurities are easier to read than we think.
10. A classy lady offers her help and is considerate to those around her.
11. When she receives an invitation she promptly RSVPs or declines. When she receives help or hospitality from someone she sends a thank you note to display her gratitude.
12. Every time she attends a gathering she does not arrive empty handed. She brings a small hostess gift.
13. A classy lady is a woman of her word. She has a respectable reputation based on her consistency of her word. She keeps her promises and obligations. She’s known amongst her friends and family as someone who is dependable.
14. She does not call him. A classy lady knows her worth and knows she deserves to be pursued. If you feel the need to have to initiate contact you should know that you are not dealing with a gentleman and should move on.
15.A classy woman is not petty
She is not jealous of the woman who her husband’s chatting with. She’s not mean to the neighbour’s kid because he/she is better than her own kids.
A classy woman know she’s competing only with herself.
16.They’re dignified. Oh sure, they get upset and angry, everyone does. But the classy people I have known stay calm when they do. They respond to the issue and not the person..
17. A classy woman is a woman of substance. She is talented in all areas and inspire other women.
18. Being a lady and acting lady-like does not mean that you are entitled or snobby. Practice having a heart of gratitude, always say thank you for specific actions or generosities.
19. A classy woman understands that looks can be deceiving, buying expensive clothing does not make up for classy. However, it is her thoughts and heart that separate her.
20. A classy woman is actively listening and engaging in conversations.
21. A classy lady seeks the truth and does not believe everything she hears. She defends the truth even when it isn’t popular. She has a strong sense of right and wrong and is passionate to see the oppressed redeemed
22. She calls her elders “sir” or “ma’am.”. When she addresses a man, it is always as “Mr. (last name)” and a woman as “Mrs.” or “Miss (last name)” until they’ve been green lighted to use their first name or nickname.
23. She speaks faithfully. A classy lady knows that her identity is rooted in God. Her strength and vision come from Jesus Christ through daily prayer. A classy lady does the right thing even when it is not expected of her. For example, she blesses someone’s reputation who has attempted to curse hers.
I just want to mention that I’m not trying to tell you how you should be, I’m just sharing my thoughts and letting women know that it is okay to be a classy lady– there is nothing wrong with that.
My simple definition of classy is what my mother taught me. To be classy is more of etiquette, and etiquette to me is something that I practice daily. To show class you most importantly have to respect yourself.
I’m not afraid to stand up for what I believe in and be myself no matter what.
What is your definition of a classy woman? Leave your comments down below.